Monday, March 26, 2012

Consistently Inconsistent

It's been a while since my last post. Please accept my apologies. Time has passed but as is usually true, not much has happened. At least in the way of being interesting to others. But here are some highlights.

I accompanied one of the girls from the dorm, Shannie, and some others to Taipei for a girls outing (plus Josh Kim) to Hello Kitty Cafe. Talk about a little girl's dream - though most of the patrons were of the adult variety, male and female. Everything was Hello Kitty. From the baked treats like cakes and pies, to the bread rolls to the hamburger buns. It was crazy but so amazing. Alex and I repped Kitty hard - her in her thug Hello Kitty hat and me in my glasses. It was a lot of fun. And the other girls were great. They all teach English in Taipei. There were many laughs had.

That same night, Alex, Josh K, Kyle and I went to a hip hop dance performance. It was put on by one of the two major dance studios in Taipei. It was pretty cool. I'm not usually super into that kind of thing but the dancing was great and seeing anything live usually makes it that much better.

Our bowling league has started again. Rooney was a captain this time and didn't pick me because "I want to win the money". Thus implying my scores aren't good enough for him. Well, my team won the money once thanks to my score of 174. Rooney's team has won the money exactly zero times. So there. That being said, the only thing consistent about my bowling score is its inconsistency. So tough.

The weather has been much nicer and so I've been going outside, hiking and there has been lots of frisbee playing. It has been great. When the weather is nice in Taiwan, its one of the nicest places. But its almost never nice. Haha. I'll never take a beautiful day in Southern California for granted again!

Josh P and I have created a betting system where everything we do against each other, which is becoming more and more, is valued at points. We have nothing to cash said points in for, but we fight to the death for them.

Kay recently took me to Costco. Yup, they have that here. No Diet Coke and no Vitamin Water. But I stocked up on Goldfish, taco seasoning, chips and salsa, and burritos. It was crazy to walk around a Costco in Taiwan. They even had the hot dogs and beef bakes. It was really surreal.

One of my mom's cousins sent me her daughters school project - a version of Flat Stanley. I took it to my little kid class and the kids LOVED it. They wanted to take a million pictures with it. It was really cute.

I was included in Rooney's family's March Madness bracket. I brought much shame to my name. At the moment, or at least this morning, I was fighting tooth and nail for not last place with his dad. And I'm really hoping I come out on top because if I was in a bracket with my father, the most important thing would be to beat him, obvi.

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day in a really un-Irish way. I really miss having corned beef and cabbage. But I did bring my own green food coloring and dye mine and anyone else who wanted it's beers. It was great. Everyone loved it. Carson even wanted me to draw on his head with it and Rooney wanted a green beard. The night was a good one.

So those are the highlights. I'm about to start into my 25th (do the math before you come at me) year of life. Pretty crazy that I'm doing in Taiwan. But life is good. And life is short. I love you all!!

Hello Kitty Cafe

HRC Dance Show

Back: Sophie. Front: Bella, Caspar, Hank 
Back: Sophie. Middle: Kevin, Cherry, Alan. Front: Caspar

Josh and Green Beer!

Ashley and the green beer man!

HRC Dance Show

Dustin on St Patties

Matching glasses!!!

Kitty Cakes

The girls plus Josh

Matching glasses, again. The wife. 



No comments:

Post a Comment