Monday, September 19, 2011

"Bonnie is blacker than Emily"




So the title is a sentence that one of my students wrote. I had them write a comparative sentence about me and Emily (the native teacher). They were learning when to add "er" to the end of a word or when to use "more" or "less". It was really hard for me not to laugh. Haha. And a student in a different class told me I look like chocolate with cream. Haha. It was pretty hilarious.

So, Alex and I didn't end up going to the museum in Taipei. It was going to get a little pricey and we decided that we didn't feel like going. Instead we slept in. Haha. A very cultural experience.

But Thursday night, Matt's friend from home arrived. He is working for Gloria now and we had all been anxiously awaiting his arrival. True to form, we took him to Vigorous for dinner. It's a good, easy transition into Taiwanese food.

Friday was Cristelle's birthday. We all had work and then we went to BBQ for dinner. Amy and I decorated her door with hand drawn balloons and Alex and I made her a card. That night, we didn't really do much because we all have class in the mornings on Saturday. I just picked up another class on Saturday so my schedule kind of sucks. I have one class from 10:10 to 12:10 and then I have a break until my class from 6-7:20 and then from 7:40 to 9. So, its a long day but I really like my class at 6. And my class at 7:40 seems pretty good. They were really quiet but I think that is only because I am new to them. One of the boys is really good at English. We were having an actual conversation about music and bands. It was refreshing.

Saturday night, a group of us went to Chiefs. That is the bar that had the live music. We got to talking to the band and requested songs. We were the only ones dancing for a while but then some others got into it! It was really fun! One of the guys, Brian, gave me the nickname "Diamond Dottie" from A League of Their Own. Because I'm so stinking good at frisbee. HAHA. But seriously. Then of course we were all yelling quotes to eachother. It was really fun!

Sunday was frisbee day as usual. We played three games, so I was wiped. But my team won two of the games, of course. We were still warming up in the first one. Which now I actually remembered, we ended on a tie because more people showed up. So technically I was undefeated. YES!

Josh P got back from his travels with Kristen on Saturday night so he was at Chiefs and frisbee. It was nice to see him again - he's a good guy. But he can jump like he's spring loaded and he's fast so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get him on my team every Sunday from now on. Haha.

The pictures are old, but they are of us playing frisbee. And that is my scooter! If you come to Taiwan, I'll drive you around! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment