Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dan Bing




Nin hao. (Hello)
Last night, despite my best efforts I feel asleep at about 20:00. And stayed asleep until about 5:30 this morning. Well, sort of stayed asleep. My bed, aka. the wooden box, turned out to be about as comfortable as it sounds. And I haven't quite mastered the air conditioning. So between being uncomfortable on my side and back, the room would heat up and then get cold and heat up and get cold. I'll have to work on that.

But despite all that, I did wake this morning feeling rested so that was okay. I woke up and hung around for a while, watching some shows I have on my computer. At about 8ish, I set out for Carrefour again, this time determined to come back with a mattress even if it was way too big or too small. Anything would be better than the 'box'. I also bought a curtain and sheet, and some toilet paper. I'm not really sure the situation with that, but there is never any toilet paper in the stalls. So I just bought myself a bunch and I guess I'll just take it back and forth. Haha. Still so much to figure out.

I came back and made my new bed, put up the curtain and also put some pictures up. Made my room a little more like home. After that was all done, I set out to the little stand/restaurant on the corner (directed by Kyrstie yesterday) and got a traditional Taiwanese breakfast, Dan Bing. It is most similar to a crepe with egg on one side. They grill it on a flat top grill and then slice it up and drizzle miso 'syrup' on it. It was actually really delicious. And only 20 NTD so about 50 American cents. Also, I found a delicious passion fruit green tea that is surely to become a staple in my diet.

Now I am just hanging out until my orientation later. I might go back to the park again and read my book for a while. Just get outside.

2 comments:

  1. I keep posting these incredibly entertaining remarks only to see them swallowed up in the cyber abyss, without even the courtesy of an error message. Trying again...
    Glad to see you've got breakfast well scouted for our visit four months hence. Now, please, a report on the beer and the tea!
    Love, Dad
    P.S. Regarding agreeing to the 'Terms & Conditions' required by the site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-HrGWbF_g&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!!!
    Since Im having my "proceedure" this morning, I up at 4:00 drinking this salty lemon-lime drink every 15 minutes which starts loud rumbling in my belly!! Glad this is only every 5 years!!!
    You are such a good writer and I am already enjoying your blog! I like the blue curtain. Can't tell if its a bird or some other animal but I like the blue color... So did you find a mattress? What is the story with only having a pad??!!??
    I spoke to Krystie myself and she is very nice. She gave me some hints for our visit. Were going to buy our tickets on Saturday...yipee! It sure is comforting to know someone was there before and liked it! I also liked looking at her fb pics. I'm ready to stay 2 months!!!
    Love you to pieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete